2019 HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The East End Women’s Network Scholarship program honors three deserving high school women graduates who have made significant and positive differences in their community through their actions and leadership.
- The applicant should be a female high school senior enrolled in a public or private school in any of the 5 East End townships (Southold, East Hampton, Southampton, Riverhead, Shelter Island), plus Eastport Manor High School and Shoreham-Wading River High School.
- The applicant must complete a formal application and submit all required materials which include:
- Essay no longer than 1000 words – Subject is “What does leadership mean to me?” Give examples. What makes you an effective leader? How has your community and/or school involvement prepared you to be an effective leader?
- letters of recommendation from a teacher/guidance counselor, and a community person/employer
- High School transcript.
Judging will be based on:
- Community and School Involvement
- Proven Leadership Skills
- In Person Interview
- You must be prepared to present your topic orally at our June scholarship dinner meeting at 5:30pm at an East End restaurant location TBD if chosen as a finalist. Dinner for you and up to 2 guests will be provided.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. DEADLINE IS April 15, 2019.
Below are two file formats for the application. The documents are the SAME so you do not need both, they are provided in two formats for your convenience.